This time last week, things weren't looking up for Gerolsteiner - the Water Boys had only managed three victories. However, a week on, that figure is now seven. After Davide Rebellin's victories atop two famous Classic climbs (the Cauberg in the Amstel Gold Race, and the Muur de Huy yesterday), Robert Forster took Gronigen-Munster and today, there was another sprint victory for the team.
After over 80km out in front, Sebastian Rosseler (Relax-Bodysol) was pulled back by the peloton and Danilo Hondo won the cobbled bunch sprint, beating the in-form Simone Cadamuro (De Nardi) into second place. Sebastien Siedler of Weisenhof, second in Munster, had to settle for the final step on the podium. This is 30 year old Hondo's second victory of the year, after a Three Days of De Panne stage (he also finished a shock runner-up to George Hincapie overall) although he recently also was cruelly pipped to Rund um Koln victory by ex-teammate Zabel.
Courtesy of Race Website
Top 10 Results: Wolfsburg-Duderstadt, 186.8km
1. Danilo Hondo (Gerolsteiner, GER) 4h 54m 02s
2. Simone Cadamuro (De Nardi, ITA) at same time
3. Sebastien Siedler (Team Wiesenhof, GER) s.t
4. Dennis Kraft (Action, GER) s.t
5. René Haselbacher (Gerolsteiner, AUT) s.t
6. Luke Roberts (Comnet. Senges, AUS) s.t
7. Eric Baumann (T-Mobile Team, GER) s.t
8. Enrico Poitschke (Team Wiesenhof, GER) s.t
9. Robert Retschke (Comnet. Senges, GER) s.t
10. Michal Precechtel (e'D system-ZVVZ, CZE) s.t
Thanks to the race website, http://www.internationale-niedersachsen-rundfahrt.de/, for photos and information.