FANTASY AMSTEL GOLD RACE: RIDERS SCORE & BEST TEAM NAME AWARD
Fantasy Spring: Riders score & Best Team Name Award
1st "Fabio's Fantasy Spring" - Race 3: Paris-Roubaix: RIDERS and TRADE TEAMS SCORES
RIDERS - SCORES:
1. Michele Bartoli (Ita) Fassa Bortolo - 60 Points
2. Serguei Ivanov (Rus) Fassa Bortolo - 46 points
3. Michael Boogerd (Hol) Rabobank - 38 points
4. Lance Armstrong (USA) USPS - 33 points
5. Oscar Freire Gomez (Spa) Mapei-Quick Step - 28 points
6. Peter Van Petegem (Bel) Lotto-Adecco - 24 points
7. Jo Planckaert (Bel) Cofidis - 21 points
8. Paolo Bettini (Ita) Mapei-Quick Step - 18 points
9. Erik Zabel (Ger) Team Telekom - 15 points
10. Nico Mattan (Bel) Cofidis - 12 points
11. Marcus Ljungqvist (Swe) EDS-fakta - 9 points
12. Marc Lotz (Hol) Rabobank - 7 points
13. Geert Verheyen (Bel) Rabobank - 5 points
14. Igor Astarloa (Spa) Saeco-Longoni Sport - 3 points
15. Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita) Tacconi Sport-Emmegi - 1 point
TRADE TEAMS - SCORES:
Fassa Bortolo - 30 Points
Rabobank - 6 Points
USPS - 3 Points
Mapei-Quick Step - 1 Point
1st "Fabio's Fantasy Spring" - Race 5: Amstel Gold Race:
BEST TEAM NAME AWARD
For the fith and final time (in the "Fantasy Spring" game at least), it's the moment to give the well-deserved (virtual) award to the most creative amongst you the participants. It's time to find out who gave his-her virtual team the funniest, most original name. In the past races, we saw how ladies can be far more creative than gentlemen, as women took the award three times out of four, and often captured all podium places. Will history repeat this time too ?
Well, one thing repeated for sure: once again selecting the best 10 team names was no easy task at all. Race after race, you are getting more and more original and creative, and unfortunately I had to let more than one nice name out of the TOP 10. Which is as follows:
10. Moritz Mehlem - Friedrich, ich krieg dich!!!!
wow ... is it a true declaration of "war" ? or maybe simply part of an all-German match between those two participants from Jan Ullrich's land. But unfortunately for Mr. Mehlem, he lost the first battle, as the ninth place goes to ...
9. (Friedrich) - Grosse Sause hollandaise
to the rest of TOP 10 places now ...
8. (Roy Drinkwater) - rabid rabo riders
7. (Eric Nordsieck) - Best of the rest
6. (Vaughn Trevisanut) - Brewmeisters toast
5. (Mick Knapton) - Horse and Jockey Tricycle Club
4. (Doris Herman) - Wind drinkers
To the PODIUM PLACES now:
3. (Rachel Wade) Guzzling Postal Men FuelUp On Amstel-Peloton Bonks
Rachel Wade's "longer than the riders list itself" names are a permanent feature of the TOP 10. Unfortunately the creativity of this great USPS fan didn't coincide with any win by the Posties. But her skills in finding new names for the virtual teams deserves a special mention. Let's wait and see if Rachel may do even better in the Fantasy Giro - assuming we have one ...
2. Mo Ball Ma's Tricks at Maastricht
Another funny pun by the winner of the two previous "Bast Team Name Awards". But this time it wasn't enough to beat the ABSLOUTE, UNDISPUTABLE winner of the "Best Team Award" for Amstel Gold race, who is ...
1. (Emily Lynn King) all the king's men
Once again, the winner of the 1st "Best Team Name Award" (in Milan-San Remo) proved the funniest and most original name. And once again women proved they are very creative, and took all TOP 4 places !!!
But now let's wait and see if the brave King's men will be so good to give the King (aka "Queen of the Best Team Name Award") a good result in the Virtual Teams rankings too. But if you wanna know that, you must to be patient, as the Virtual Teams results and FINAL RANKING wil be online in a few hours. STAY TUNED !!!