|1st "Fabio's Fantasy Spring" - Race 2: Tour of Flanders |
RIDERS and TRADE TEAMS SCORES
RIDERS - SCORES:
1. Andrea Tafi (Ita - Mapei-Quick Step) - 60 Points
2. Johan Museeuw (Bel - Domo-Farm Frites) - 46 Points
3. Peter Van Petegem (Bel - Lotto-Adecco-ABX) - 38 Points
4. George Hincapie (USA - US Postal Service) - 33 Points
5. Daniele Nardello (Ita - Mapei-Quick Step) - 28 Points
6. Rolf Sörensen (Den - Landbouwkrediet-Colnago) - 24 Points
7. Enrico Cassani (Ita - Domo-Farm Frites) - 21 Points
8. Gabriele Missaglia (Ita - Lampre-Daikin) - 18 Points
9. Mario Cipollini (Ita - Acqua e Sapone-Cantina Tollo-RDZ) - 15 Points
10. Erik Zabel (Ger - Team Deutsche Telekom) - 12 Points
11. Jo Planckaert (Bel - Cofidis) - 9 Points
12. Robert Hunter (RSA - Mapei-Quick Step) - 7 Points
13. Lars Michaelsen (Den - Team Coast) - 5 Points
14. Andrej Hauptman (Slo - Tacconi Sport-Emmegi) - 3 Points
15. Stefano Zanini (Ita - Mapei-Quick Step) - 1 Point
TRADE TEAMS - SCORES:
Mapei-Quick Step - 21 Points
Domo-Farm Frites - 10 Points
Lotto-Adecco-ABX - 6 Points
US Postal Service - 3 Points
1st "Fabio's Fantasy Spring" - Race 2: Tour of Flanders
BEST TEAM NAME AWARD :
As many of you already know, I guess, besides the most strictly "competitive" part of each Fantasy Game there's also a special prize: the "Best Team Name Award" reserved to the most original and funny names you gave to your virtual teams. It was in Fabio's Fantasy Tour, Vuelta, and World Championships. And of course in the previous race of Fabio's Fantasy Spring (Milan-San Remo). So I couldn't help but giving this special award in the Tour of Flanders too. Well, I have to say that unfortunately also the "prize" winners of this "competition" get is quite virtual (namely just the honor of winning ...)
Once again, selecting the 10 best virtual team names was no easy task at all. Once again most of your teams have been given very nice, funny and original names. In any case, here are the TOP 10 PLACES of the "Best Team Name Award" for Tour of Flanders ...
10. (Brannon Amtower) The Lactic Addicts
9. (Moritz Mehlem) Bitte kein "lekke band"!!! - (a funny mix of German and Dutch meaning "Please no punctures", isn't it ?)
8. (Philip Howard) 86ers
7. (Larry Parker) Norwoogians
6. (Walt Armstrong) No Relation
5. (Oscar Yeh) hahaha
4. (Rod Palomino) HotRod
And now to the PODIUM PLACES ...
3. (Celine Tytgadt) The Official Cycling Angels - (just like in MSR ...)
2. (Doris Herman) Wind drinkers (just like in MSR, once more runner-up despite the absence of MSR's winner Emily King ... well, just try again next time !!)
But the absolute, uncontestable WINNER of the "Best Team Name Award" is ....
1. (Alex Ball) Leeuw van Doncaster:
How could a Tour of Flanders-related award be given to anyone else but a Lion, and even a Lion ... in Flemish Language ??
Congrats to "The Lion of Doncaster" and all other participants, even many who didn't get into the Top 10 were absolutely creative ...
As for what you most want to know, namely the Virtual Teams results and rankings, you still have to wait some more time ... they will be online in a short time.
SEE YOU LATER