Pull up a chair, get yourself a cup of tea, some fruit cake and Wensleydale cheese (or whatever is your own local delicacy) and have a go at our Holiday quiz.
When you think you have all the right answers,
email here.No prizes, but the winner will have the honour of being Daily Peloton Quiz Champion 2002.
Don't forget, we are still looking for your opinions on the 2002 season. For details click here.
Best of luck in the Quiz - we will post full answers and winners around the 10th of January 2003. If you get stuck, why not ask a friend on our message board here.
Seasons Greetings To All our Readers
THE HOILDAY QUIZ
1) - The “race of the falling leaves” is the name given to which race?
2) - Who is the “lion king?”
3) - Primavera - which race is this?
4) - Name the race and riders in the above photo.
5) - Which race has the longest non-stop run of any Classic in the calender?
6) - La Flèche Wallonne - what is La Flèche?
7) - Name the rider winning in the above photo.
8) - First year and winner of Paris Rouxbaix?
9) - The first editions of Paris Roubaix were paced by a) bicycle b) car c) horse d) motorbike - select the correct two.
10) - Which two riders were awarded equal first in Paris Roubaix and why?
11) - Between 1968 and 1977 which nation dominated Paris Roubaix?
12) - Ronde van Vlaanderen is also known as?
13) - Who is seen winning in Paris in the photo above?
14) - Whose statue is on the Kwaremont?
15) - The very first winner of Ronde van Vlaanderen, Paul Deman was sentenced to death during World War 1 when caught on a secret mission in Holland. What happened to him?
16) - Tom Simpson won Ronde van Vlaanderen in 1961 when his Italian Rival misjudged the line and had his arms raised in victory - who was the unfortunate Italian?
17) - Which rider was nicknamed “the professor”?
18) - Name the rider in the above photo ?
19) - Johan Museeuw is known as "De Leeuw van Vlaanderen" - i.e. "The Lion of Flanders" but who was the first rider to have this nickname?
20) - The Cipressa is part of which race?
21) - The Jaizkibel is part of what race?
22) - What race includes the Waseberg?
23) - Chris Boardman retired at the end of the 2000 season, but how many times did he win the Tour de France prologue in his career?
24) - When Lance Armstrong won his first Tour de France in 1999, only one other rider wore the leader's yellow jersey in the entire race. Who was it?
25) - Poulidor was known as the “eternal second;” which rider was nicknamed the “Italian Poulidor”?
26) - Who holds the record for second placings in the Tour de France?
27) - Name the three riders in the above photo.
28) - Who finished the 2000 season 1st in the UCI standings for male road cyclists?
29) - Which cyclist won three gold medals and one silver at the Sydney 2000 Olympics?
30) - the Via Appia is associated with which race?
31) - San Remo has seen how many stage finishes of the Giro d'Italia?
32) - Born in Villava on July 16th, 1964. It was in this small village in the province of Navarre where he started cycling as a member of the "Club Ciclista Villavés". Who is this?
33) - What is considered the “lucky“ dossard number in the Tour de France?
34) - How many riders from the USA have competed in the Tour de France?
35) - Which rider's injuries in 2001 included a monkey bite?
36) - This photo is from which race?
37) - Who rode a victory lap holding his son after the 2000 Olympic men's track sprint?
38) - In what year did Australians first compete in the Tour de France?
39) - Who was the first rider to win the Vuelta a Espana three times in a row?
40) - Who retired from racing after breaking his femur in the 1936 Milan-San Remo?
41) - Name the riders who have won all of the five monuments in cycling (Paris-Roubaix, Milan-San Remo, Tour of Flanders, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Tour of Lombardy).
42) - Name the mountain biker who was the Olympic Mountain Bike champ, World Champion, and World Cup Champion in 2000?
43) - Name the riders and race in the above photo.
44) - "Le petit ramoneur" is the nickname given to which rider?
45) - Which rider retired in 1957 but made a comeback 17 years later to win the 1974 British Sprint Championship?
46) - Which two riders have both won the Redlands Bicycle Classic twice?
47) - Who is the only person to win the Trofeo Luis Puig three times?
48) - Which African rider won an Italian Cat 1.3 single day race in March 2002?
49) - Name the rider in this photo.
50) - How many times has a rider from the USA worn the Polka dot jersey in the Tour de France?